HP Help Guide: Share Folders, Files, And Internet Connection With Ease  

Posted by Jack Wilson in , ,

HP Help
I was trying to setup my new HP laptop with the home network running on Windows 7. I was confident as I had bought a laptop with a logo of Windows 7. I was told by the vendor that “if your router supports Windows Connect Now (WCN), or Wi‑Fi Protected Setup (WPS), then you don’t need any technical help and it’s a child play”. I was supposed to connect laptop with router device and push a button that’s all, and within few seconds it will be automatically configured with the existing network. He had instructed me to avoid entering router security key.

I did the same, but it landed me to nowhere. I was getting the Internet access, but with the error message “Page Not Found”. I tried through various browsers but no way.

Then I decided to contact HP Support to fix it. I pulled out the HP number from a reliable source, and dialed it. It took some time to become live with a technician. I discussed the matter, and after a short documentation, he forwarded me an article regarding setting up and configuring a router device. It was as follows:
  • Restart HP laptop, and get logged on to.
  • Open “Connect to a Network” by clicking the network icon in the notification area.
  • Choose the wireless network from the list that appears, and then click “Connect”.
  • Type the network security key or passphrase and then click “OK”.
  • You'll see a confirmation message when you are connected to the network.
He recommended changing the network location to “Public” to minimize the risk associated with viruses and spyware.

Thanks! HP Help solution was great, I could access the Internet, printer and data, music and video collection from my desktop right on my laptop. The wireless connectivity gave me the pleasure to work from anywhere.

This entry was posted at Tuesday, December 20, 2011 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment