How to Fix Internet Issues with Dell PC  

Posted by Jack Wilson in , ,

Dell Support
“Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage”, this is the most annoying issues with an Internet connection. It happens with everyone, and is so frequent that you can’t depend every time on a technician to get it fixed. Hence, knowing a bit of troubleshooting is must.

Last night, I came across the same on my Dell PC. After a bit general troubleshooting practice, when I could not succeed, I dialed Dell Number so as to get support from the big boss.

After confirming basic system information he instructed me to temporarily disable the Internet security suite or firewall, and check whether the message is popping up again. It still prevailed. Then the technician forwarded me an article. It was regarding troubleshooting network adapter. Steps were as follows: 
  • Click “Start”, click “Run” type “devmgmt.msc”, and then click “OK”.
  • Double-click “Network Adapters”.
What I could see, an exclamation mark icon next to the network adapter in “Device Manager”. He told me to double-click the network adapter and pen down the error code. It came as “Code 10: This device cannot start.” I conveyed it to him.

He said, “Thank you sir, you have got the crux.” Next, he advised me as follow:
  • Click “Update Driver” to update the drivers for this device.
  • Click the “General Properties” tab of the device, and then click “Troubleshoot” to start the “Troubleshooting Wizard”.
Eventually, the problem was resolved. I was able to open the Google page. I filled my credit card detail to transact the payment; later on the Dell Support technician asked for the feedback. I was completely dazed with the kind of Dell Help. I rated the service as “Excellent”, and thanked him for his timely assistance.

This entry was posted at Wednesday, December 07, 2011 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment